This is a photo of my mom in the early 70's....she was a model. My siblings & I always poke fun at some of the hysterical shots we have come across of her modeling days over the years.
Just recently, I was over her house and we were going through old family photos. While going through the stack and laughing at several of them, this one caught my eye. Not only do I love the look of this photo, but I OWN that neck scarf. I stole it from my mom when I was young because I loved it so much and still wear it today (see below).
One of the things I love most about fashion is that is always comes back around. While at some point I may have laughed at the scarf tied around her neck, this trend is back and bigger than ever. I wear this scarf around my neck often, which of course my mom loves to see.
The beautiful thing about buying pre-owned and vintage is that there is always a story behind it. I am a sucker for old things whether it's thrifting or antiquing-- getting to bring them back to life and style them in my own way is what I love most. There is so much beauty & rich history in timeless pieces- what's not to love?
I have recently come across STORE 5a which is a luxury shop that offers authentic, pre-owned jewelry, handbags and more. You can find anything at STORE 5a from vintage Chanel to a newer but pre-owned Hermes bracelet. They carry stuff for men as well (see my lovely husband showing off a kickass Rolex below). STORE 5a can even customize different pieces you find to make them your own.
I wouldn't label myself as flashy, and my style is anything but luxury. That being said, I do prefer classic, timeless pieces, as does my husband. The accessories that I am wearing in these photos were all found at STORE 5a and fit my laid back, boho style perfectly. The watch he is wearing fits his rugged, workwear style as well. I love that all of this jewelry is pre-owned and each piece has a story of it's own.
SHOP some of my fav pieces from Store 5a below!
1. Pre-owned Chalcedony Ring -- a beautiful chalcedony stone surrounded by a yellow gold swirl, this ring is the perfect statement piece without being too bold.
2. Pre-owned Emerald & Diamond Ring -- I love this vintage looking ring. There are 10 gorgeous emeralds (which are one of my favorite stones) plus an accent diamond. This ring is (insert "PREACH" emjoi)
3. Pre-owned Rose Gold Garnet & Diamond Twist Bangle -- this delicate bangle was one of my favorite pieces from this shoot! I LOVE LOVE LOVE burnt orange right now so this tiny Rhodolite Garnet stone totally caught my eye. Mix that with a dainty, rose gold bracelet? PER-FECT.
4. Pre-owned Ladies Bangle -- Who doesn't love a classic gold bangle? This beautiful gold bracelet pairs with any outfit, any day of the week.
5. Pre-owned Cartier Love Bracelet -- OMG OMG OMG ALL OF MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to wear a Cartier Love bracelet, need I say more?!?! In all seriousness, The Cartier Love bracelet was created in the 1960's & to this day is a classic icon for the House of Cartier. Instead of slipping onto the wrist, this sought after bracelet is locked on by two screws as a symbol of commitment and enduring love. I was v tempted to never unscrew these bad boys again, because I was super committed...but unfortunately I had to give her back.
6. Pre-owned Diamond Bangle Bracelet -- this stunning yet timeless diamond bracelet is the perfect accessory. I wore a similar one on my wedding day, and can still throw it on while wearing jeans due to its versatility.
7. Pre-owned Chanel Timeless Wallet on Chain -- Who doesn't love Chanel?! This was my favorite accessory from the shoot & the name says it all. This timeless wallet is perfect for any outfit & any occasion. Dress it up for a night out by using the chain or fold it up & throw it in a bigger bag to run errands-- you seriously cannot go wrong with this beauty. The color is perfect for all seasons-- I really can't gush about this piece enough.
8. Pre-owned Rolex -- my hubs is rocking this gorgeous Rolex & it is a perfect, classic watch. This timeless (ba-dum-chhh!) piece pairs well with a suit and tie or casual workwear & boots.
Remember that newer but pre-owned Hermes bracelet I mentioned? I got to wear one for a photoshoot and I loved it so much, I couldn't stop staring at it. My husband took a hint & with the help of his cousin went back and got me the bracelet. Whether you need a gift for your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/friend or just simply have had your heart set on finding the perfect vintage accessory, STORE 5a is the place for you.