I loooove me some sunglasses. They are such a versatile accessory and GREAT for mamas who have no time to put on makeup and need to hide those bags. My other favorite thing about them? You can spend next to nothing on them or you can really splurge- it's totally up to you.
Karen Walker is a name I have only recently heard of in the design world...am I behind? Probably. (#imamomnow) Anyways, I LOVE her sunnies. I would be happy to have any pair- seriously, they are all amazing. They are high end without flaunting the name. I treated myself to this lovely pair right before I had Fox. A friend of mine gave me the idea- one last splurge on yourself before you hand it all over to a little babe. Every mama deserves that, don't ya think? Thanks Ramsey (I have said this before & will say it again- check out her blog Fruits of Dust). I often get asked where I got these shades so I figured I would do a post on them.
Check out some of my other favorite sunglasses for spring below. Enjoy!
1. Karen Walker- Marguerite Gold with Crazy Tort: I love these cat eye shades. The metal frame gives these guys a little something extra, don't ya think?
2. Karen Walker- Moon Disco Crazy Tort: How fun are these? I love the fun shape of these frames, but the classic tortoise color tames them so they aren't TOO wild.
Ok ok, enough Karen Walker. Another one of my new favorite sunglass designers is Krewe. Unfortunately, these handmade sunnies are pretty pricey, but are super unique and look high end without being overly flashy.
3. Krewe- STL II Matte Black 24K: Aren't these amazing? You can always see my girl Ally rockin these beauties. She got them at this hip little boutique when we were in Martha's Vineyard last summer. Anyways, the price seems outrageous until you realize that the hardware is all 24K gold. Worth it? You decide.
Alright, since we don't all have Kardashian money, let's talk something a bit more affordable, shall we? Because let's get serious, the more expensive the shades, the more likely you are to lose them, amiright?
4. Madewell- Indio: Madewell is one of the best places to get sunglasses. They look designer but cost 1/4 of the price. These lovelies come in three different colors, but this dusty blush is perfect for spring.
5. BP Cat Eye Sunglasses: Nordstrom is another favorite place to shop for sunglasses. You can get a pair for as cheap as $12 (like these babes!) or a really high end pair- it's totally up to you. BP has sooo many good options. I love these fun cat eye sunnies- and you would never know that this hardware is indeed NOT 24K gold ;)
Watch- Daniel Wellington