Ok one pieces are soo not mom bathing suits anymore & I couldn't be more psyched that they are making a major comeback. Just a week or two ago we were on vacation in Florida and an entire boat full of babes wearing bikin- nope, scratch that- ONE PIECES, drove by. It was legit a throwback to Baywatch days. We later saw the girls on the beach & found out that they were celebrating a 30th birthday. They all had one pieces on that had different sayings such as "rosé all day", "pizza" and "champagne campaign". The birthday girl wore one that said "birthday suit" and I just about barfed because they couldn't have been cuter.
On a more serious note- the true mom in me felt like I just HAD to purchase a one piece to feel legit. What better time in life to cover up your belly than just after having a baby? So I purchased a few & I could not be happier with my selections.
Whether you're going for mom-bod cover up or just downright following the trend, see some of my fav options below.
1. You can literally find hip one pieces with trendy sayings on them all over the internet & for WAY cheaper than this Revolve suit, but this is a fun option.
2. Target has totally stepped up their swim game in the last year or so, amiright? This one piece is the perfect balance of mom appropriate + fun/flirty. I bought this baby in white & I cannot wait to wear it on the coast of Italy this May (more on that later).
3. Though American Eagle might be a store for tweens, I am not afraid to admit that I still wholeheartedly love it. The only problem is that occasionally some things are made to fit only teenagers. I ordered this suit in two colors & absolutely love it...but my new childbearing hips & flat pancake booty looked ridiculous with those high thigh cuts so back to the store they went.
4. If you are going for a more fun, trendy look, ASOS is probably the place to check out. They have tons of one pieces with all different cuts and styles so you can get really fun with it. They are also generally affordable which is a major plus.
5. Urban Outfitters is another great place for trendy, affordable swimsuits & the cut on this one is a favorite for sure.